12th WORLD OPEN Online Music Competition
RULES FOR PARTICIPANTS IN «HARP» NOMINATION 2021
The competition is completely online and is held annually. Applications are accepted 365 days a year. The competitor selects one of three seasons and sends an application.
Acceptance of applications until April 01. Announcement of results on April 20. Sending diplomas on May 1-5.
Applications are accepted until June 15th. Announcement of results on July 1. Sending diplomas on August 20-25.
Application deadline is December 1st. Announcement of the results on December 20. Sending diplomas on January 10-15.
The competition program includes two (preferably diverse) compositions of the participant’s choice. Program is to be performed by heart and completely (soloist). Duos and ensembles are not obligated to perform compositions by heart. It is allowed to perform parts (suite, concert…) as two pieces.
Right to participate is given to all competitors from all the countries in the world.
- I category – born in 2015 and younger – up to 5 minutes
- II category – born in 2014 – up to 5 minutes
- III category – born in 2013 – up to 5 minutes
- IV category – born in 2012 – up to 5 minutes
- V category – born in 2011 – up to 5 minutes
- VI category – born in 2010 – up to 7 minutes
- VII category – born in 2009 – up to 7 minutes
- VIII category – born in 2008 – up to 8 minutes
- IX category – born in 2007 – up to 8 minutes
- X category – born in 2006 – up to 10 minutes
- XI category – born in 2004 and younger – up to 10 minutes
- XII category – born in 2002 and younger – up to 12 minutes
- XIII category – born in 2000 and younger – up to 12 minutes
- XIV category – born in 1998 and younger – up to 12 minutes
- XV category – born in 1996 and younger – up to 14 minutes
- XVI category – born in 1994 and younger – up to 14 minutes
- XVII category – born in 1993 and older – up to 14 minutes
MASTER – PREMIO
Categories XVIII, XIX, XX и XXI soloists in 2 rounds: JUNIOR – 18 years or younger and SENIOR – 19 years or older MASTER-PREMIO,,, HARP
RENAISSANCE, CELTIC … HARP
- XXII category – born in 2015 and younger – up to 5 minutes
- XXIII category – born in 2014 – up to 5 minutes
- XXIV category – born in 2013 – up to 5 minutes
- XXV category – born in 2012 – up to 5 minutes
- XXVI category – born in 2011 – up to 5 minutes
- XXVII category – born in 2010 – up to 7 minutes
- XXVIII category – born in 2009 – up to 7 minutes
- XXIX category – born in 2008 – up to 8 minutes
- XXX category – born in 2007 – up to 8 minutes
- XXXI category – born in 2006 – up to 10 minutes
- XXXII category – born in 2004 and younger – up to 10 minutes
DUO (two similar instruments)
- XXXIII category – born in 2013 and younger – up to 5 minutes
- XXXIV category – born in 2011 and younger – up to 5 minutes
- XXXV category – born in 2009 and younger – up to 7 minutes
- XXXVI category – born in 2007 and younger – up to 10 minutes
- XXXVII category – born in 2005 and younger – up to 10 minutes
- XXXVIII category – born in 2003 and younger – up to 12 minutes
- XXXIX category – born in 2001 and younger – up to 12 minutes
- XL category – born in 1998 and younger – up to 13 minutes
- XLI category – born in 1995 and younger – up to 13 minutes
- XLII category – born in 1994 and older – up to 15 minutes
ENSEMBLE (of 3-15 members)
The ensemble must contain at least 50% of homogeneous instruments of this nomination. Ensemble can perform with only one accompanist and/or one illustrator. Age category is defined by average age of all participants, without illustrator (concertmaster).
- XLIII category – born in 2011 and younger – up to 5 minutes
- XLIV category – born in 2009 and younger – up to 7 minutes
- XLV category – born in 2007 and younger – up to 10 minutes
- XLVI category – born in 2004 and younger – up to 12 minutes
- XLVII category – born in 2001 and younger – up to 12 minutes
- XLVIII category – born in 1998 and younger – up to 13 minutes
- XLIX category – born in 1995 and younger – up to 13 minutes
- L category – born in 1994 and older – up to 15 minutes
Participants’ video performance is recorded entirely without cutting a video (without interrupting the camera).
- Turn on the camera,
As proof that the video recording is intended solely for the competition:
– the soloist and duets pronounce their first name, surname, year of birth and the name of the competition,
– One of the member of ensemble says the name of ensemble, their age category, and the name of the competition,
* The participant can pronounce the name of the competition in its entirety (WORLD OPEN Online Music Competition) or only WORLD OPEN (participants in younger categories)
- Perform the program,
- Turn of the camera,
- Stopping the video camera during the entire recording is not allowed,
- On the recording, performer(s), must be clearly seen (soloist, duo, ensemble, concertmaster).
Recording must be sent in Mp4 format. Convert the video through our converter DETAILS
Best way to record a video DETAILS
Participant is required to send the following documents:
- Filled in Online Application form,
- Video recording in Mp4 format,
- Scanned Birth certificate or page from the passport with general information (for soloists and duets),
- Scanned list of members with their years of birth, verified by the institution they are representing (for ensembles),
- Payment Confirmation.
Total maximum size of all files – 100 MB. Detailed instructions for OnLine application DETAILS
Participants (soloists) pay a fee of 25 euros. Duets and ensembles pay a fee of 30 euros (from a duet or ensemble).
Commission and the transaction costs are paid by a contestant. More details about payment in EUROS and DOLLARS on THIS PAGE
Work of the Jury is regulated by special Rules. Jury members are to be elected out of renowned music pedagogues, as well as performing artists, conductors and chamber musicians. All jury members are pedagogues and are performing on the instrument they are evaluating 100% and have extensive pedagogical experience in working with students
Competitors are qualified according to the average grade point of evaluations by the Jury:
LAUREATE FIRST PRIZE – is to be awarded to the competitor who wins at least 90,00/100 points
LAUREATE SECOND PRIZE – is to be awarded to the competitor who wins at least 80,00 points
LAUREATE THIRD PRIZE – is to be awarded to the competitor who wins at least 70,00 points
DIPLOMA – is to be awarded to the competitor who wins at least 65,00 points
Number of awards (prizes) is not limited.
Competitor, who won first prize, with the best placement in competition discipline will be awarded with Diploma Online Music Champion of the World.
Participant who is awarded with Diploma “Online Music Champion of the World” participates in Masters Finals. Jury selects Absolute Winner of Master Finals, i.e. absolute winner of all competition disciplines and the entire competition.
Note: If the work is performed premiere, at the request of the jury, it is necessary to send in electronic form the musical material of this work.
All Jury decisions are final and irrevocable.
Fund of prizes totaling $ 2,000 will be distributed among the elected members of MASTERS FINAL and GRAND FINAL (MASTER-PREMIO category). The prize fund consists of the following awards:
- All contestants will be awarded with diplomas,
- Cash prizes,
- The contract for the concert performances with the production center “MIR Production”,
- Manufacturing full website,
- Professional photo shoot, manufacturing concert posters,
- All participants of Master Finals do not pay donation for participation on competition next year,
- Organizing solo concert or concert tour,
- Payment of travel, accommodation or entry fee to participate in the master class,
- Payment of the entry fee for the competition by select the contestant,
- Video interview with selected participants,
- Invitation to the jury,
- State and public institutions, enterprises and individuals, in agreement with the organizers may award special prizes,
- And other prizes, in agreement with the organizer.
MIR Production reserves the right distribution of the prize pool.
DIPLOMAS FOR COMPETITORS
All contestants receive diplomas after the end of each season in all nominations:
- Diplomas in electronic form can be downloaded on THIS PAGE
- Diplomas are sent by the postal service (on request) on THIS PAGE
- Certificate for scholarship in electronic form (upon request) download on THIS PAGE
LETTERS OF APPRECIATION AND CERTIFICATE FOR PORTFOLIO TO TEACHERS
- Letters of APPRECIATION to teachers in electronic form can be downloaded from THIS PAGE
- Certificate for a portfolio in electronic form (upon request) for teachers, accompanists who need an additional confirmation document download on THIS PAGE
Association of pedagogues of elementary and high music schools of Serbia and agency MIR Production, organizes WORLD OPEN Online Music Competition.
Competition is held by the Rules of participation, which is proposed by expert council, and is to be adopted by Assembly of the Association.
In case of dispute between Organizer and competitors, provisions of English text will prevail.
By participating in the competition, the contestants automatically waive their right to material compensation in connection with the publication and distribution of the competition videos.
By applying for the competition, participants automatically accept conditions from previous provisions of these Rules.