14th WORLD OPEN DUO COMPETITION (two different instruments)
RULES FOR PARTICIPANTS IN «DUO» (two different instruments) NOMINATION 2023
The competition is completely online and is held annually. Applications are accepted 365 days a year. The competitor selects one of three editions and sends an application.
Application deadline is March 15th. Announcement of the results on April 05.
Acceptance of applications until June 1. Announcement of the results on June 15.
Application deadline is December 1th. Announcement of the results on December 15th.
The competition program includes two (preferably diverse) compositions of the participant’s choice. Duos are not obligated to perform compositions by heart. It is allowed to perform parts (sonata, suite…) as two pieces.
Right of participation is given to duos from all the countries in the world. The age category is determined by the average age of the participants, excluding the age of the illustrator (accompanist). Competitors may only perform with one accompanist. For the rules for the nomination Duo (two identical instruments) see the rules for solo nominations.
«DUO» (two different instruments)
- I category – born in 2015 and younger – up to 5 minutes
- II category – born in 2013 and younger – up to 5 minutes
- III category – born in 2011 and younger – up to 7 minutes
- IV category – born in 2009 and younger – up to 10 minutes
- V category – born in 2007 and younger – up to 10 minutes
- VI category – born in 2005 and younger – up to 12 minutes
- VII category – born in 2003 and younger – up to 12 minutes
- VIII category – born in 2000 and younger – up to 12 minutes
- IX category – born in 1997 and younger – up to 13 minutes
- X category – born in 1996 and older – up to 13 minutes
MASTER – PREMIO
2 ROUNDS: JUNIOR ” up to 18 years old and” SENIOR “- from 18 years old RULES…
Participants’ video performance is recorded entirely without cutting a video (without interrupting the camera).
- Turn on the camera,
- As proof that the video recording is intended solely for the competition, the participants pronounce their first name, surname, year of birth and only one participant and the name of the competition
* The participant can pronounce the name of the competition in its entirety (WORLD OPEN Online Music Competition) or only WORLD OPEN (participants in younger categories)
- Perform the program,
- Turn off the camera,
- Stopping the video camera during the entire recording is not allowed,
- Instrument, hands and face of the performers must be clearly seen on the video.
Recording must be sent in Mp4 format. Convert the video through our converter DETAILS
Best way to record a video DETAILS
Participant is required to send the following documents:
- Filled in Online Application form,
- Video recording in Mp4 format,
- Identity document and date of birth,
- Payment Confirmation.
Total maximum size of all files – 100 MB. Detailed instructions for OnLine application DETAILS
For foreign duo, 30 EUR (from one duo) THIS PAGE
Work of the Jury is regulated by special Rules. Jury members are to be elected out of renowned music pedagogues, as well as performing artists, conductors and chamber musicians. Competitors are qualified according to the average grade point of evaluations by the Jury. Number of awards (prizes) is not limited.
GOLD AWARD/ LAUREATE FIRST PRIZE – is to be awarded to the competitor who wins 90 – 100 points.
Participant’s performance level:
Performance level: GRANDE PERFORMER (99 – 100),
Performance level: CONCERT PERFORMER (96 – 98,99),
Performance level: VIRTUOSO PERFORMER (93 – 95,99),
Performance level: EXCELLENT PERFORMER (90 – 92,99).
SILVER AWARD/ LAUREATE SECOND PRIZE – is to be awarded to the competitor who wins 80 – 89,99 points.
Performance level: EXCEPTIONAL PERFORMER (85 – 89,99),
Performance level: PROMISING PERFORMER (80 – 84,99).
BRONZE AWARD/ LAUREATE THIRD PRIZE – is to be awarded to the competitor who wins 70 – 79,99.
Performance level: PERSPECTIVE PERFORMER
DIPLOMA – is to be awarded to the competitor who wins 65 – 69,99 points.
Competitor, who won first prize, with the best placement in competition discipline will be awarded with Diploma Online Music Champion of the World.
Participant who is awarded with Diploma “Online Music Champion of the World” participates in Masters Finals. Jury selects Absolute Winner of Master Finals, i.e. absolute winner of all competition disciplines and the entire competition.
If the work is performed premiere, at the request of the jury, it is necessary to send in electronic form the musical material of this work. All Jury decisions are final and irrevocable.
The prize fund totaling $ 5.000 will be distributed among selected participants of MASTERS FINAL and GRAND FINAL (MASTER – PREMIO category).
Warsaw Moscow Berlin Paris Istanbul Rome Vienna Prague Madrid Milano Krakow Athens Saint-Petersburg Ljubljana Riga Crimea Amsterdam Dubrovnik Nice Venice Batumi Lisbon Barcelona Valencia, Crimea… THIS PAGE
DIPLOMAS FOR COMPETITORS
All contestants receive diplomas after the end of each season in all nominations:
- Diplomas in electronic form can be downloaded on THIS PAGE
- Diplomas are sent by the postal service (on request) on THIS PAGE
- Certificate for scholarship in electronic form (upon request) download on THIS PAGE
LETTERS OF APPRECIATION AND CERTIFICATE FOR PORTFOLIO TO TEACHERS
- Letters of APPRECIATION to teachers in electronic form can be downloaded from THIS PAGE
- Certificate for a portfolio in electronic form (upon request) for teachers, accompanists who need an additional confirmation document download on THIS PAGE
The European Association of Music Educators and Performers & Producer Agency MIR Production, with the support of the Ministries of Culture and Communications, organizes WORLD OPEN Online Music Competition.
Competition is held by the Rules of participation, which is proposed by expert council, and is to be adopted by Assembly of the Association.
In case of dispute between Organizer and competitors, provisions of English text will prevail.
By participating in the competition, the contestants automatically waive their right to material compensation in connection with the publication and distribution of the competition videos.
By applying for the competition, participants automatically accept conditions from previous provisions of these Rules.