13th WORLD OPEN CHAMBER ENSEMBLE COMPETITION
RULES FOR PARTICIPANTS IN «CHAMBER ENSEMBLE» NOMINATION 2022
The competition is completely online and is held annually. Applications are accepted 365 days a year. The competitor selects one of three editions and sends an application.
Application deadline is March 15th. Announcement of the results on April 05. Sending diplomas on April 20.
Acceptance of applications until June 1. Announcement of the results on June 20. Sending diplomas on August 20-25.
Application deadline is December 1th. Announcement of the results on December 15th. Sending diplomas on January 5-10.
The competition program includes two (preferably diverse) compositions of the participant’s choice. The program does not have to be performed by heart. It is allowed to perform parts (concert, sonata, trio, symphony …) as two pieces.
Right to participate is given to all competitors from all the countries in the world. In chamber ensembles, from 3 to 15 participants can perform. The age category is determined by the average age of all participants, excluding the age of the illustrator (accompanist). All ensembles can perform with only one accompanist, and in categories I, II and IX, X – an accompanist and / or illustrator.
CLASSIC ENSEMBLES (from 3 to 15 participants)
- I category – born in 2012 and younger up to 5 minutes
- II category – born in 2010 and younger up to 7 minutes
- III category – born in 2008 and younger up to 12 minutes
- IV category – born in 2005 and younger up to 12 minutes
- V category – born in 2002 and younger up to 15 minutes
- VI category – born in 1999 and younger up to 15 minutes
- VII category – born in 1996 and younger up to 15 minutes
- VIII category – born in 1995 and older up to 15 minutes
NON-CLASSIC ENSEMBLES (from 3 to 15 participants)
- IX category – born in 2012 and younger up to 5 minutes
- X category – born in 2010 and younger up to 7 minutes
- XI category – born in 2008 and younger up to 12 minutes
- XII category – born in 2005 and younger up to 12 minutes
- XIII category – born in 2002 and younger up to 15 minutes
- XIV category – born in 1999 and younger up to 15 minutes
- XV category – born in 1996 and younger up to 15 minutes
- XVI category – born in 1995 and older up to 15 minutes
MASTER – PREMIO
2 ROUNDS: JUNIOR ” up to 18 years old and” SENIOR “- from 18 years old RULES…
Participants’ video performance is recorded entirely without cutting a video (without interrupting the camera).
- Turn on the camera,
As proof that the video recording is intended solely for the competition:
– оne of the members of the ensemble pronounces the name of the ensemble, in which category they participate, the name of the competition (for example, “Allegro” ensemble, ____ category and this video is for the WORLD OPEN Online Music Competition),
- Perform the program,
- Turn off the camera,
- Stopping the video camera during the entire recording is not allowed,
- All members of the ensemble should be visible on the video recording.
Recording must be sent in Mp4 format. Convert the video through our converter DETAILS
Best way to record a video DETAILS
Participant is required to send the following documents:
- Filled in Online Application form,
- Video recording in Mp4 format,
- Scanned list of members with their years of birth, verified by the institution they are representing (for ensembles),
- Payment Confirmation.
Total maximum size of all files – 100 MB. Detailed instructions for OnLine application DETAILS
Ensembles pay a fee of 30 euros (from a ensemble) THIS PAGE
Work of the Jury is regulated by special Rules. Jury members are to be elected out of renowned music pedagogues, as well as performing artists, conductors and chamber musicians. Competitors are qualified according to the average grade point of evaluations by the Jury. Number of awards (prizes) is not limited.
GOLD AWARD/ LAUREATE FIRST PRIZE – is to be awarded to the competitor who wins 90 – 100 points.
Participant’s performance level:
Performance level: GRANDE PERFORMER (99 – 100),
Performance level: CONCERT PERFORMER (96 – 98,99),
Performance level: VIRTUOSO PERFORMER (93 – 95,99),
Performance level: EXCELLENT PERFORMER (90 – 92,99).
SILVER AWARD/ LAUREATE SECOND PRIZE – is to be awarded to the competitor who wins 80 – 89,99 points.
Performance level: EXCEPTIONAL PERFORMER (85 – 89,99),
Performance level: PROMISING PERFORMER (80 – 84,99).
BRONZE AWARD/ LAUREATE THIRD PRIZE – is to be awarded to the competitor who wins 70 – 79,99 points.
Performance level: PERSPECTIVE PERFORMER
DIPLOMA – is to be awarded to the competitor who wins 65 – 69,99 points.
Competitor, who won first prize, with the best placement in competition discipline will be awarded with Diploma Online Music Champion of the World.
Participant who is awarded with Diploma “Online Music Champion of the World” participates in Masters Finals. Jury selects Absolute Winner of Master Finals, i.e. absolute winner of all competition disciplines and the entire competition. All Jury decisions are final and irrevocable.
If the work is performed premiere, at the request of the jury, it is necessary to send in electronic form the musical material of this work.
The prize fund totaling $ 5.000 will be distributed among selected participants of MASTERS FINAL and GRAND FINAL (MASTER – PREMIO category).
Warsaw Moscow Berlin Paris Istanbul Rome Vienna Prague Madrid Milano Krakow Athens Saint-Petersburg Ljubljana Riga Crimea Amsterdam Dubrovnik Nice Venice Batumi Lisbon Barcelona Valencia, Crimea… THIS PAGE
DIPLOMAS FOR COMPETITORS
All contestants receive diplomas after the end of each season in all nominations:
- Diplomas in electronic form can be downloaded on THIS PAGE
- Diplomas are sent by the postal service (on request) on THIS PAGE
- Certificate for scholarship in electronic form (upon request) download on THIS PAGE
LETTERS OF APPRECIATION AND CERTIFICATE FOR PORTFOLIO TO TEACHERS
- Letters of APPRECIATION to teachers in electronic form can be downloaded from THIS PAGE
- Certificate for a portfolio in electronic form (upon request) for teachers, accompanists who need an additional confirmation document download on THIS PAGE
The European Association of Music Educators and Performers & Producer Agency MIR Production, with the support of the Ministries of Culture and Communications, organizes WORLD OPEN Online Music Competition.
Competition is held by the Rules of participation, which is proposed by expert council, and is to be adopted by Assembly of the Association.
In case of dispute between Organizer and competitors, provisions of English text will prevail.
By participating in the competition, the contestants automatically waive their right to material compensation in connection with the publication and distribution of the competition videos.
By applying for the competition, participants automatically accept conditions from previous provisions of these Rules.