PIANO ENSEMBLE – Rules 2020
Association of pedagogues of elementary and high music schools of Serbia and production center MIR production (hereinafter refer to as organizer), organizes INTERNATIONAL MUSIC COMPETITION – Belgrade, Serbia (hereinafter refer to as competition). Competition takes place entirely over the Internet.
Competition is held by the Rules of participation, which is proposed by expert council, and is to be adopted by Assembly of the Association.
Right of participation is given to duos from all the countries in the world.
Age category is defined by average age of all participants. Duos compete in categories according to the age and they are not obligated to perform compositions by heart. Competition program is consisted of two compositions.
PIANO DUO (for four hands)
- I category – born in 2011 and younger – up to 5 minutes
- II category – born in 2009 and younger – up to 7 minutes
- III category – born in 2007 and younger – up to 10 minutes
- IV category – born in 2005 and younger – up to 10 minutes
- V category – born in 2003 and younger – up to 12 minutes
- VI category – born in 2001 and younger – up to 12 minutes
- VII category – born in 1999 and younger – up to 12 minutes
- VIII category – born in 1997 and younger – up to 12 minutes
- IX category – born in 1991 and younger – up to 12 minutes
- X category – born in 1990 and older – up to 12 minutes
- XI category – born in 2005 and younger – up to 10 minutes
- XII category – born in 2001 and younger – up to 10 minutes
- XIII category – born in 1991 and younger – up to 12 minutes
- XIV category – born in 1990 and older – up to 12 minutes
STUDENT – TEACHER
In the category “Student – teacher” the age group is determined by the age of the student.
- XV category – born in 2009 and younger up to 7 minutes
- XVI category – born in 2007 and younger up to 10 minutes
- XVII category – born in 2005 and younger up to 10 minutes
- XVIII category – born in 2003 and younger up to 10 minutes
- XIX category – born in 2001 and younger up to 12 minutes
- XX category – born in 2000 and older up to 12 minutes
For the premier performance or performance of non – catalogued composition, it is necessary to deliver scores of such composition using electronic mail.
Competitive video recording must comply with following conditions:
- As evidence that video recording is exclusively intended for competition, competitor is obligated to, before performance of competition program, say his/her name, surname and year of birth
- Recording must be sent in Mp4 format
- On the recording, instrument, hands and face of the performer must be clearly seen
- Complete performance program is to be performed like on regular competition and video editing or playback are absolutely forbidden
- Stopping the video camera during the entire recording is not allowed
- Recording which does not comply required conditions will be returned to the performer, with the request to send us new recording in timely manner, which compiles Rules
Registration is to be done exclusively through electronic means. During entering the website www.musiccompetition.eu competitor sends documents as follows:
- Filled in Online Application form
- Video recording in Mp4 format
- Scanned list of members of the ensemble with their years of birth, verified by the institution they are representing
- Scanned receipt on donation payment
*Total maximum size of all files – 100 MB
For foreign duo, ensembles or student-teacher, 30 EUR (from one duo,ensemble, or student-teacher). Detailed instructions for payment in EUROS or DOLLARS on THIS PAGE
* Commission and the transaction costs, pays contestant.
Competition is held every year and applying from 15th of February and not later than 01st of March. Until March 05th, video recording of the competition performance will be placed on the website www.musiccompetition.eu and on the 15th of March, results of the Jury will be announced for each competition category.
Competitor’s application for each category individually will be reviewed and determined for compliance with Rules by the person authorized by Organizer.
By participation in competition, competitors automatically disown the right for any material (financial) remuneration regarding eventual publication and distribution of music video recordings on CD and DVD publications and Internet.
Work of the Jury is regulated by special Rules. Jury members are to be elected out of renowned music pedagogues, as well as performing artists, conductors and chamber musicians. All Jury decisions are final and irrevocable.
Duos are qualified according to the average grade point of evaluations by the Jury:
- LAUREATE FIRST PRIZE– is to be awarded to the competitor who wins at least 90, 00/100 points
- LAUREATE SECOND PRIZE– is to be awarded to the competitor who wins at least 80, 00 points
- LAUREATE THIRD PRIZE– is to be awarded to the competitor who wins at least 70, 00 points
- DIPLOMA – is to be awarded to the competitor who wins at least 60, 00 points
Number of awards (prizes) is not limited.
Competitor with the best placement in competition discipline will be awarded with Diploma “Internet Music Champion of the World”.
In case if several competitors in the different categories have same number of points, final decision on the placement will be brought by the Jury.
Participant who is awarded with Diploma “Internet Music Champion of the World” participates in Masters Finals. Jury selects Absolute Winner of Master Finals, i.e. absolute winner of all competition disciplines and the entire competition.
Fund of prizes from Association:
- All contestants will be awarded with diplomas
- Teachers and accompanists on request receive a “Certificate for a portfolio”
- Invitation to the jury
- Absolute Winner of Master Finals gets trophy and Diploma
- State and public institutions, enterprises and individuals, in agreement with the organizers may award special prizes.
Fund of prizes from MIR Production www.mirproduction.com totaling $ 2,000 will be distributed among the elected members of Masters Final. The prize fund consists of the following awards:
- Cash prize for the absolute winner in Masters Final
- The contract for the concert performances with the production center “MIR Production”
- Manufacturing full website
- Posting picture of absolute winner on official poster of the competition
- Manufacturing concert posters
- All participants of Master Finals do not pay donation for participation on competition next year
- Organizing solo concert or concert tour
- Professional photo shoot
- Payment of travel, accommodation or entry fee to participate in the master class
- Payment of the entry fee for the competition by select the contestant
- And other prizes, in agreement with the organizer
MIR Production reserves the right distribution of the prize pool.
After all nominations competition are finished, Diplomas will be sent on May 9th through regular mail to the institution administration.
In case of dispute between Organizer and competitors, provisions of Serbian text will prevail.
By applying for the competition, participants automatically accept conditions from previous provisions of these Rules.