12th WORLD OPEN Online Music Competition
RULES FOR PARTICIPANTS IN «PIANO ENSEMBLE» NOMINATION 2021
The competition is completely online and is held annually. Applications are accepted 365 days a year. The contestant selects one of three seasons and sends an application.
Application deadline is March 15th. Announcement of the results on April 05. Sending diplomas on May 1-5.
Acceptance of applications until June 1. Announcement of the results on June 20. Sending diplomas on August 20-25.
Application deadline is November 15th. Announcement of the results on December 5th. Sending diplomas on January 10-15.
The competition program includes two (preferably diverse) compositions of the participant’s choice. Duos and ensembles are not obligated to perform compositions by heart. It is allowed to perform parts (sonata, suite…) as two pieces. In the younger categories, 88-key weighted digital piano performance is allowed.
Right of participation is given to duos from all the countries in the world. Age category is defined by average age of all participants.
PIANO DUO (for four hands)
- I category – born in 2013 and younger – up to 5 minutes
- II category – born in 2011 and younger – up to 5 minutes
- III category – born in 2009 and younger – up to 7 minutes
- IV category – born in 2007 and younger – up to 10 minutes
- V category – born in 2005 and younger – up to 10 minutes
- VI category – born in 2003 and younger – up to 12 minutes
- VII category – born in 2001 and younger – up to 12 minutes
- VIII category – born in 1998 and younger – up to 12 minutes
- IX category – born in 1995 and younger – up to 13 minutes
- X category – born in 1994 and older – up to 13 minutes
- XI category – born in 2013 and younger – up to 5 minutes
- XII category – born in 2011 and younger – up to 5 minutes
- XIII category – born in 2009 and younger – up to 7 minutes
- XIV category – born in 2007 and younger – up to 10 minutes
- XV category – born in 2005 and younger – up to 10 minutes
- XVI category – born in 2003 and younger – up to 12 minutes
- XVII category – born in 2001 and younger – up to 12 minutes
- XVIII category – born in 1998 and younger – up to 12 minutes
- XIX category – born in 1995 and younger – up to 13 minutes
- XX category – born in 1994 and older – up to 13 minutes
STUDENT – TEACHER
In the category “Student – teacher” the age group is determined by the age of the student.
- XXI category – born in 2013 and younger – up to 5 minutes
- XXII category – born in 2011 and younger – up to 5 minutes
- XXIII category – born in 2009 and younger – up to 7 minutes
- XXIV category – born in 2007 and younger – up to 10 minutes
- XXV category – born in 2005 and younger – up to 10 minutes
- XXVI category – born in 2003 and younger – up to 10 minutes
- XXVII category – born in 2001 and younger – up to 12 minutes
- XXVIII category – born in 2000 and older – up to 12 minutes
MASTER – PREMIO
Categories XXIX, XXX, XXXI и XXXII participants in 2 rounds: JUNIOR – 18 years or younger and SENIOR – 19 years or older MASTER-PREMIO, PIANO ENSEMBLE 2021
Participants’ video performance is recorded entirely without cutting a video (without interrupting the camera):
- Turn on the camera,
- As proof that the video recording is intended solely for the competition, the participants pronounce their first name, surname, year of birth and only one participant, the name of the competition,
* The participant can pronounce the name of the competition in its entirety (WORLD OPEN Online Music Competition) or only WORLD OPEN (participant in younger categories)
- Perform the program,
- Turn of the camera,
- Stopping the video camera during the entire recording is not allowed,
- Instrument, hands and face of the performers must be clearly seen on the video.
Recording must be sent in Mp4 format. Convert the video through our converter DETAILS
Best way to record a video DETAILS
Participant is required to send the following documents:
- Filled in Online Application form,
- Video recording in Mp4 format,
- Scanned Birth certificate or page from the passport with general information,
- Payment Confirmation.
Total maximum size of all files – 100 MB. Detailed instructions for OnLine application DETAILS
For foreign duo, ensembles or student-teacher, 30 EUR (from one duo, ensemble, or student-teacher). Commission and the transaction costs are paid by a contestant.
More details about payment in EUROS and DOLLARS on THIS PAGE
Work of the Jury is regulated by special Rules. Jury members are to be elected out of renowned music pedagogues, as well as performing artists, conductors and chamber musicians. All jury members are pedagogues and are performing on the instrument they are evaluating 100% and have extensive pedagogical experience in working with students!
Competitors are qualified according to the average grade point of evaluations by the Jury:
LAUREATE FIRST PRIZE – is to be awarded to the competitor who wins at least 90,00/100 points
LAUREATE SECOND PRIZE – is to be awarded to the competitor who wins at least 80,00 points
LAUREATE THIRD PRIZE – is to be awarded to the competitor who wins at least 70,00 points
DIPLOMA – is to be awarded to the competitor who wins at least 65,00 points
Number of awards (prizes) is not limited.
Competitor, who won first prize, with the best placement in competition discipline will be awarded with Diploma Online Music Champion of the World.
Participant who is awarded with Diploma “Online Music Champion of the World” participates in Masters Finals. Jury selects Absolute Winner of Master Finals, i.e. absolute winner of all competition disciplines and the entire competition.
If the work is performed premiere, at the request of the jury, it is necessary to send in electronic form the musical material of this work.
All Jury decisions are final and irrevocable.
Fund of prizes totaling $ 2,000 will be distributed among the elected members of MASTERS FINAL and GRAND FINAL (MASTER-PREMIO category). The prize fund consists of the following awards:
- All contestants will be awarded with diplomas,
- Cash prizes,
- The contract for the concert performances with the production center “MIR Production”,
- Manufacturing full website,
- Professional photo shoot, manufacturing concert posters,
- All participants of Master Finals do not pay donation for participation on competition next year,
- Organizing solo concert or concert tour,
- Payment of travel, accommodation or entry fee to participate in the master class,
- Payment of the entry fee for the competition by select the contestant,
- Video interview with selected participants,
- Invitation to the jury,
- State and public institutions, enterprises and individuals, in agreement with the organizers may award special prizes,
- And other prizes, in agreement with the organizer.
MIR Production reserves the right distribution of the prize pool.
DIPLOMAS FOR COMPETITORS
All contestants receive diplomas after the end of each season in all nominations:
- Diplomas in electronic form can be downloaded on THIS PAGE
- Diplomas are sent by the postal service (on request) on THIS PAGE
- Certificate for scholarship in electronic form (upon request) download on THIS PAGE
LETTERS OF APPRECIATION AND CERTIFICATE FOR PORTFOLIO TO TEACHERS
- Letters of APPRECIATION to teachers in electronic form can be downloaded from THIS PAGE
- Certificate for a portfolio in electronic form (upon request) for teachers, accompanists who need an additional confirmation document download on THIS PAGE
Association of pedagogues of elementary and high music schools of Serbia and agency MIR Production, organizes WORLD OPEN Online Music Competition.
Competition is held by the Rules of participation, which is proposed by expert council, and is to be adopted by Assembly of the Association.
In case of dispute between Organizer and competitors, provisions of English text will prevail.
By participating in the competition, the contestants automatically waive their right to material compensation in connection with the publication and distribution of the competition videos.
By applying for the competition, participants automatically accept conditions from previous provisions of these Rules.