12th INTERNATIONAL ONLINE MUSIC COMPETITION, Belgrade, Serbia
RULES FOR PARTICIPANTS IN «GUITAR» NOMINATION 2021
The competition is completely online. The competition is held annually. Applications are accepted 365 days a year. The competitor selects one of three seasons and sends an application.
Acceptance of applications until April 01. Announcement of results on April 20. Sending diplomas on May 1-5.
Applications are accepted until June 15th. Announcement of results on July 1. Sending diplomas on August 20-25.
Application deadline is December 1st. Announcement of the results on December 20. Sending diplomas on January 10-15.
Competition program is consisted of two compositions. Program is to be performed by heart and completely (soloist). Duos and ensembles are not obligated to perform compositions by heart. It is allowed to perform parts (sonata, suite, concert…) as two pieces.
Right to participate is given to all competitors from all the countries in the world.
- I category – born in 2015 and younger – up to 5 minutes
- II category – born in 2014 – up to 5 minutes
- III category – born in 2013 – up to 5 minutes
- IV category – born in 2012 – up to 5 minutes
- V category – born in 2011 – up to 5 minutes
- VI category – born in 2010 – up to 6 minutes
- VII category – born in 2009 – up to 6 minutes
- VIII category – born in 2008 – up to 8 minutes
- IX category – born in 2007 – up to 8 minutes
- X category – born in 2006 – up to 10 minutes
- XI category – born in 2004 and younger – up to 10 minutes
- XII category – born in 2002 and younger – up to 12 minutes
- XIII category – born in 2000 and younger – up to 12 minutes
- XIV category – born in 1998 and younger – up to 12 minutes
- XV category – born in 1996 and younger – up to 14 minutes
- XVI category – born in 1994 and younger – up to 14 minutes
- XVII category – born in 1993 and older – up to 14 minutes
MASTER – PREMIO
Categories XVIII, XIX, XX и XXI soloists in 2 rounds: JUNIOR – 18 years or younger and SENIOR – 19 years or older MASTER-PREMIO,,, GUITAR
DUO (two similar instruments)
Duo can perform with only one accompanist.
- XXII category – born in 2013 and younger – up to 5 minutes
- XXIII category – born in 2011 and younger – up to 5 minutes
- XXIV category – born in 2009 and younger – up to 7 minutes
- XXV category – born in 2007 and younger – up to 10 minutes
- XXVI category – born in 2005 and younger – up to 10 minutes
- XXVII category – born in 2003 and younger – up to 12 minutes
- XXVIII category – born in 2001 and younger – up to 12 minutes
- XXIX category – born in 1998 and younger – up to 13 minutes
- XXX category – born in 1995 and younger – up to 13 minutes
- XXXI category – born in 1992 and younger – up to 15 minutes
- XXXII category – born in 1991 and older – up to 15 minutes
STUDENT – TEACHER
In the category “Student – teacher” the age group is determined by the age of the student.
- XXXIII category – born in 2009 and younger up to 7 minutes
- XXXIV category – born in 2007 and younger up to 10 minutes
- XXXV category – born in 2005 and younger up to 10 minutes
- XXXVI category – born in 2003 and younger up to 10 minutes
- XXXVII category – born in 2001 and younger up to 12 minutes
- XXXVIII category – born in 2000 and older up to 12 minutes
ENSEMBLE (of 3-15 members)
The ensemble must contain at least 50% of homogeneous instruments of this nomination. Ensemble can perform with only one accompanist and/or one illustrator. Age category is defined by average age of all participants, without illustrator (concertmaster).
- XXXIX category – born in 2011 and younger – up to 5 minutes
- XL category – born in 2009 and younger – up to 7 minutes
- XLI category – born in 2007 and younger – up to 10 minutes
- XLII category – born in 2004 and younger – up to 12 minutes
- XLIII category – born in 2001 and younger – up to 12 minutes
- XLIV category – born in 1998 and younger – up to 13 minutes
- XLV category – born in 1995 and younger – up to 13 minutes
- XLVI category – born in 1992 and younger – up to 15 minutes
- XLVII category – born in 1991 and older – up to 15 minutes
Participants’ video performance is recorded entirely without cutting a video (without pause).
- Turn on the camera,
- As evidence that video recording is exclusively intended for competition, competitor is obligated to, before performance of competition program:
– Soloist and duo say his/her name, surname and year of birth,
– One of the member of ensemble says the name of ensemble and their age category,
- Perfrom the program,
- Turn of the camera,
- Stopping the video camera during the entire recording is not allowed,
- On the recording, performer(s), must be clearly seen (soloist, duo, ensemble, concertmaster).
Recording must be sent in Mp4 format. Convert the video through our converter DETAILS
Best way to record a video DETAILS
Participant is required to send the following documents:
- Filled in Online Application form,
- Video recording in Mp4 format,
- Scanned Birth certificate or page from the passport with general information (for soloists and duets),
- Scanned list of members with their years of birth, verified by the institution they are representing (for ensembles),
- Scanned Payment Confirmation.
Total maximum size of all files – 100 MB. Detailed instructions for OnLine application, DETAILS
Participants (soloists) pay a fee of 25 euros. Duets and ensembles pay a fee of 30 euros (from a duet or ensemble).
Commission and the transaction costs are paid by a contestant. More details about payment in EUROS and DOLLARS on THIS PAGE
Work of the Jury is regulated by special Rules. Jury members are to be elected out of renowned music pedagogues, as well as performing artists, conductors and chamber musicians. The composition of the jury in all three seasons is the same. All jury members are pedagogues and are performing on the instrument they are evaluating 100%.
Competitors are qualified according to the average grade point of evaluations by the Jury:
LAUREATE FIRST PRIZE – is to be awarded to the competitor who wins at least 90,00/100 points
LAUREATE SECOND PRIZE – is to be awarded to the competitor who wins at least 80,00 points
LAUREATE THIRD PRIZE – is to be awarded to the competitor who wins at least 70,00 points
DIPLOMA – is to be awarded to the competitor who wins at least 65,00 points
Number of awards (prizes) is not limited.
Competitor, who won first prize, with the best placement in competition discipline will be awarded with Diploma Online Music Champion of the World.
In case if several competitors (soloist, duo, ensemble) in the category have same number of points, advantage will be given to younger competitor. In case if several competitors (soloist, duo, ensemble) in the different categories have same number of points, final decision on the placement will be brought by the Jury.
Participant who is awarded with Diploma “Online Music Champion of the World” participates in Masters Finals. Jury selects Absolute Winner of Master Finals, i.e. absolute winner of all competition disciplines and the entire competition.
If the work is performed premiere, at the request of the jury, it is necessary to send in electronic form the musical material of this work.
All Jury decisions are final and irrevocable.
Fund of prizes totaling $ 2,000 will be distributed among the elected members of MASTERS FINAL and GRAND FINAL (MASTER-PREMIO category). The prize fund consists of the following awards:
- All contestants will be awarded with diplomas,
- Cash prizes,
- The contract for the concert performances with the production center “MIR Production”,
- Manufacturing full website,
- Professional photo shoot, manufacturing concert posters,
- All participants of Master Finals do not pay donation for participation on competition next year,
- Organizing solo concert or concert tour,
- Payment of travel, accommodation or entry fee to participate in the master class,
- Payment of the entry fee for the competition by select the contestant,
- Teachers and accompanists on request receive a “Certificate for a portfolio” DETAILS
- Invitation to the jury,
- State and public institutions, enterprises and individuals, in agreement with the organizers may award special prizes,
- And other prizes, in agreement with the organizer.
MIR Production reserves the right distribution of the prize pool.
Diplomas to all contestants are sent by postal service to the address of the institution that the participant submits at the end of each season in all nominations DETAILS
Association of pedagogues of elementary and high music schools of Serbia and agency MIR Production (hereinafter refer to as organizer), organizes INTERNATIONAL MUSIC COMPETITION – Belgrade, Serbia (hereinafter refer to as competition).
Competition is held by the Rules of participation, which is proposed by expert council, and is to be adopted by Assembly of the Association.
In case of dispute between Organizer and competitors, provisions of Serbian text will prevail.
By participating in the competition, the contestants automatically waive their right to material compensation in connection with the publication and distribution of the competition videos.
By applying for the competition, participants automatically accept conditions from previous provisions of these Rules.