14th WORLD OPEN PIANO COMPETITION
RULES FOR PARTICIPANTS IN «PIANO» NOMINATION 2023
The competition is completely online and is held annually. Applications are accepted 365 days a year. The competitor selects one of three editions and sends an application.
Application deadline is March 15th. Announcement of the results on April 05.
Acceptance of applications until June 1. Announcement of the results on June 15.
Application deadline is December 1th. Announcement of the results on December 15th.
The competition program includes two (preferably diverse) compositions of the participant’s choice. Program is to be performed by heart and completely (soloist). It is allowed to perform parts (sonata, suite…) as two pieces.
Right to participate is given to all competitors from all the countries in the world.
- I category – born in 2017 and younger – up to 3 minutes
- II category – born in 2016 – up to 5 minutes
- III category – born in 2015 – up to 5 minutes
- IV category – born in 2014 – up to 5 minutes
- V category – born in 2013 – up to 6 minutes
- VI category – born in 2012 – up to 6 minutes
- VII category – born in 2011 – up to 8 minutes
- VIII category – born in 2010 – up to 8 minutes
* In the younger categories, 88-key weighted digital piano performance is allowed.
- IX category – born in 2009 – up to 10 minutes
- X category – born in 2008 – up to 12 minutes
- XI category – born in 2006 and younger – up to 12 minutes
- XII category – born in 2004 and younger – up to 13 minutes
- XIII category – born in 2002 and younger – up to 13 minutes
- XIV category – born in 2000 and younger – up to 13 minutes
- XV category – born in 1998 and younger – up to 13 minutes
- XVI category – born in 1996 and younger – up to 15 minutes
- XVII category – born in 1995 and older – up to 15 minutes
MASTER – PREMIO
2 ROUNDS: JUNIOR – 18 years or younger and SENIOR – 19 years or older RULES, MASTER-PREMIO
Contestants perform exclusively as soloists (without the accompaniment of an orchestra, accompanist or ensemble).
*For the rules for the nomination ACCOMPANIST – PIANIST and STUDENT – TEACHER, see the rules for PIANO ENSEMBLE.
Participants’ video performance is recorded entirely without cutting a video (without interrupting the camera).
- Turn on the camera,
- As proof that the video recording is intended solely for the competition, the soloist pronounce their first name, surname, year of birth and the name of the competition (WORLD OPEN Online Music Competition) or only WORLD OPEN (participants in younger categories),
- Perform the program,
- Turn off the camera,
- Stopping the video camera during the entire recording is not allowed,
- Instrument, hands and face of the performer must be clearly seen on the video.
Recording must be sent in Mp4 format. Convert the video through our converter, DETAILS
Best way to record a video, DETAILS
Participant is required to send the following documents:
- Filled in Online Application form,
- Video recording in Mp4 format,
- Identity document and date of birth,
- Payment Confirmation.
Total maximum size of all files – 100 MB. Detailed instructions for OnLine application, DETAILS
Participants (soloists, concertmaster) pay a fee of 30 euros THIS PAGE
Work of the Jury is regulated by special Rules. Jury members are to be elected out of renowned music pedagogues, as well as performing artists, conductors and chamber musicians. All jury members are pedagogues and are performing on the instrument they are evaluating 100% and have extensive pedagogical experience in working with students!
Competitors are qualified according to the average grade point of evaluations by the Jury. Number of awards (prizes) is not limited.
GOLD AWARD/ LAUREATE FIRST PRIZE – is to be awarded to the competitor who wins 90 – 100 points.
Participant’s performance level:
Performance level: GRANDE PERFORMER (99 – 100),
Performance level: CONCERT PERFORMER (98 – 98,99) awarded by the JUNIOR ARTIST age group,
Performance level: VIRTUOSO PERFORMER (93 – 97,99),
Performance level: EXCELLENT PERFORMER (90 – 92,99).
SILVER AWARD/ LAUREATE SECOND PRIZE – is to be awarded to the competitor who wins 80 – 89,99 points.
Performance level: EXCEPTIONAL PERFORMER (85 – 89,99),
Performance level: PROMISING PERFORMER (80 – 84,99).
BRONZE AWARD/ LAUREATE THIRD PRIZE – is to be awarded to the competitor who wins 70 – 79,99 points.
Performance level: PERSPECTIVE PERFORMER
DIPLOMA – is to be awarded to the competitor who wins 65 – 69,99 points.
The winner of the first degree with the highest number of points in the nomination (all three editions) receives an Online Music Champion of the World diploma and participates in the Masters Final. The jury chooses the absolute winner of the Masters Final, i.e. the entire competition.
If the work is performed premiere, at the request of the jury, it is necessary to send in electronic form the musical material of this work. All Jury decisions are final and irrevocable.
The prize fund totaling $ 5.000 will be distributed among selected participants of MASTERS FINAL and GRAND FINAL (MASTER – PREMIO category).
Warsaw Moscow Berlin Paris Istanbul Rome Vienna Prague Madrid Milano Krakow Athens Saint-Petersburg Ljubljana Riga Crimea Amsterdam Dubrovnik Nice Venice Batumi Lisbon Barcelona Valencia, Crimea… THIS PAGE
DIPLOMAS FOR COMPETITORS
All contestants receive diplomas after the end of each season in all nominations:
- Diplomas in electronic form can be downloaded on THIS PAGE
- Diplomas are sent by the postal service (on request) on THIS PAGE
- Certificate for scholarship in electronic form (upon request) download on THIS PAGE
LETTERS OF APPRECIATION AND CERTIFICATE FOR PORTFOLIO TO TEACHERS
- Letters of APPRECIATION to teachers in electronic form can be downloaded from THIS PAGE
- Certificate for a portfolio in electronic form (upon request) for teachers, accompanists who need an additional confirmation document download on THIS PAGE
The European Association of Music Educators and Performers & Producer Agency MIR Production, with the support of the Ministries of Culture and Communications, organizes WORLD OPEN Online Music Competition.
Competition is held by the Rules of participation, which is proposed by expert council, and is to be adopted by Assembly of the Association.
In case of dispute between Organizer and competitors, provisions of English text will prevail.
By participating in the competition, the contestants automatically waive their right to material compensation in connection with the publication and distribution of the competition videos.
By applying for the competition, participants automatically accept conditions from previous provisions of these Rules.