12th WORLD OPEN Online Music Competition
RULES FOR PARTICIPANTS IN «PIANO» NOMINATION 2021
The competition is completely online and is held annually. Applications are accepted 365 days a year. The competitor selects one of three seasons and sends an application.
Application deadline is March 15th. Announcement of the results on April 05. Sending diplomas on May 1-5.
Acceptance of applications until June 1. Announcement of the results on June 20. Sending diplomas on August 20-25.
Application deadline is November 15th. Announcement of the results on December 5th. Sending diplomas on January 10-15.
The competition program includes two (preferably diverse) compositions of the participant’s choice. Program is to be performed by heart and completely (soloist). It is allowed to perform parts (sonata, suite…) as two pieces.
Right to participate is given to all competitors from all the countries in the world.
- I category – born in 2015 and younger – up to 3 minutes
- II category – born in 2014 – up to 5 minutes
- III category – born in 2013 – up to 5 minutes
- IV category – born in 2012 – up to 5 minutes
- V category – born in 2011 – up to 6 minutes
- VI category – born in 2010 – up to 6 minutes
- VII category – born in 2009 – up to 8 minutes
- VIII category – born in 2008 – up to 8 minutes
* In the younger categories, 88-key weighted digital piano performance is allowed.
- IX category – born in 2007 – up to 10 minutes
- X category – born in 2006 – up to 12 minutes
- XI category – born in 2004 and younger – up to 12 minutes
- XII category – born in 2002 and younger – up to 13 minutes
- XIII category – born in 2000 and younger – up to 13 minutes
- XIV category – born in 1998 and younger – up to 13 minutes
- XV category – born in 1996 and younger – up to 13 minutes
- XVI category – born in 1994 and younger – up to 13 minutes
- XVII category – born in 1993 and older – up to 13 minutes
MASTER – PREMIO
Categories XVIII, XIX, XX и XXI soloists in 2 rounds: JUNIOR – 18 years or younger and SENIOR – 19 years or older MASTER-PREMIO, PIANO 2021
CONCERTMASTER – PIANIST
Competition program is consisted of two compositions (except for the large-scale compositions – sonata, concerto ..). Concertmasters compete in categories according to the age and they are not obligated to perform compositions by heart. Concertmaster can perform with two illustrators (singer, instrumentalist, ensemble, choir …).
- XXII category – born in 2009 and younger – up to 7 minutes
- XXIII category – born in 2005 and younger – up to 7 minutes
- XXIV category – born in 2001 and younger – up to 10 minutes
- XXV category – born in 1991 and younger – up to 12 minutes
- XXVI category – born in 1990 and older – up to 12 minutes
Note: If the work is performed premiere, at the request of the jury, it is necessary to send in electronic form the musical material of this work.
Participants’ video performance is recorded entirely without cutting a video (without interrupting the camera).
- Turn on the camera,
- As proof that the video recording is intended solely for the competition, the soloist pronounce their first name, surname, year of birth and the name of the competition (for example, “my name is Michael Smith, I was born ____ and this video is for the WORLD OPEN …”),
- Perfrom the program,
- Turn of the camera,
- Stopping the video camera during the entire recording is not allowed,
- Instrument, hands and face of the performer must be clearly seen on the video.
Recording must be sent in Mp4 format. Convert the video through our converter, DETAILS
Best way to record a video, DETAILS
Participant is required to send the following documents:
- Filled in Online Application form,
- Video recording in Mp4 format,
- Scanned Birth certificate or page from the passport with general information,
- Scanned Payment Confirmation.
Total maximum size of all files – 100 MB. Detailed instructions for OnLine application, DETAILS
Participants (soloists, concertmaster) pay a fee of 25 euros. Commission and the transaction costs are paid by a contestant. More details about payment in EUROS and DOLLARS on THIS PAGE
Work of the Jury is regulated by special Rules. Jury members are to be elected out of renowned music pedagogues, as well as performing artists, conductors and chamber musicians. The composition of the jury in all three seasons is the same. All jury members are pedagogues and are performing on the instrument they are evaluating 100%.
Competitors are qualified according to the average grade point of evaluations by the Jury:
LAUREATE FIRST PRIZE – is to be awarded to the competitor who wins at least 90,00/100 points
LAUREATE SECOND PRIZE – is to be awarded to the competitor who wins at least 80,00 points
LAUREATE THIRD PRIZE – is to be awarded to the competitor who wins at least 70,00 points
DIPLOMA – is to be awarded to the competitor who wins at least 65,00 points
Number of awards (prizes) is not limited.
Competitor, who won first prize, with the best placement in competition discipline will be awarded with Diploma Online Music Champion of the World.
In case if several competitors-soloists in the category have same number of points, advantage will be given to younger competitor. In case if several competitors in the different categories have same number of points, final decision on the placement will be brought by the Jury.
Participant who is awarded with Diploma “Online Music Champion of the World” participates in Masters Finals. Jury selects Absolute Winner of Master Finals, i.e. absolute winner of all competition disciplines and the entire competition.
Note: Participants perform only as a soloists (without orchestra, pianist, concertmaster or ensemble)
All Jury decisions are final and irrevocable.
Fund of prizes totaling $ 2,000 will be distributed among the elected members of MASTERS FINAL and GRAND FINAL (MASTER-PREMIO category). The prize fund consists of the following awards:
- All contestants will be awarded with diplomas,
- Cash prizes,
- The contract for the concert performances with the production center “MIR Production”,
- Manufacturing full website,
- Professional photo shoot, manufacturing concert posters,
- All participants of Master Finals do not pay donation for participation on competition next year,
- Organizing solo concert or concert tour,
- Payment of travel, accommodation or entry fee to participate in the master class,
- Payment of the entry fee for the competition by select the contestant,
- Teachers and accompanists on request receive a “Certificate for a portfolio” DETAILS
- Invitation to the jury,
- State and public institutions, enterprises and individuals, in agreement with the organizers may award special prizes,
- And other prizes, in agreement with the organizer.
MIR Production reserves the right distribution of the prize pool.
Diplomas to all contestants are sent by postal service to the address of the institution that the participant submits at the end of each season in all nominations DETAILS
Association of pedagogues of elementary and high music schools of Serbia and agency MIR Production (hereinafter refer to as organizer), organizes WORLD OPEN Online Music Competition (hereinafter refer to as competition).
Competition is held by the Rules of participation, which is proposed by expert council, and is to be adopted by Assembly of the Association.
In case of dispute between Organizer and competitors, provisions of English text will prevail.
By participating in the competition, the contestants automatically waive their right to material compensation in connection with the publication and distribution of the competition videos.
By applying for the competition, participants automatically accept conditions from previous provisions of these Rules.