PIANO – Rules 2021
Association of pedagogues of elementary and high music schools of Serbia and agency MIR Production (hereinafter refer to as organizer), organizes INTERNATIONAL MUSIC COMPETITION – Belgrade, Serbia (hereinafter refer to as competition).
Competition takes place entirely over the Internet. Competition is held by the Rules of participation, which is proposed by expert council, and is to be adopted by Assembly of the Association.
The competition is held annually. Applications are accepted from 20th of February until 15th of March. The results will be announced on 31st of March.
Competition program is consisted of two compositions. Program is to be performed by heart and completely (soloist). It is allowed to perform parts (sonata, suite…) as two pieces.
Right to participate is given to all competitors from all the countries in the world.
- I category – born in 2015 and younger – up to 3 minutes
- II category – born in 2014 – up to 5 minutes
- III category – born in 2013 – up to 5 minutes
- IV category – born in 2012 – up to 5 minutes
- V category – born in 2011 – up to 6 minutes
- VI category – born in 2010 – up to 6 minutes
- VII category – born in 2009 – up to 8 minutes
- VIII category – born in 2008 – up to 8 minutes
- IX category – born in 2007 – up to 10 minutes
- X category – born in 2006 – up to 12 minutes
- XI category – born in 2004 and younger – up to 12 minutes
- XII category – born in 2002 and younger – up to 13 minutes
- XIII category – born in 2000 and younger – up to 13 minutes
- XIV category – born in 1998 and younger – up to 13 minutes
- XV category – born in 1996 and younger – up to 13 minutes
- XVI category – born in 1994 and younger – up to 13 minutes
- XVII category – born in 1993 and older – up to 13 minutes
MASTER – PREMIO
- Categories XVIII, XIX, XX и XXI soloists in 2 rounds: JUNIOR – 18 years or younger and SENIOR – 19 years or older PIANO, MASTER-PREMIO 2021
Participants perform only as a soloists (without orchestra, pianist, concertmaster or ensemble)
CONCERTMASTER – PIANIST
Competition program is consisted of two compositions (except for the large-scale compositions – sonata, concerto ..). Concertmasters compete in categories according to the age and they are not obligated to perform compositions by heart. Concertmaster can perform with two illustrators (singer, instrumentalist, ensemble, choir …).
- XXII category – born in 2009 and younger – up to 7 minutes
- XXIII category – born in 2005 and younger – up to 7 minutes
- XXIV category – born in 2001 and younger – up to 10 minutes
- XXV category – born in 1991 and younger – up to 12 minutes
- XXVI category – born in 1990 and older – up to 12 minutes
If the work is performed premiere, at the request of the jury, it is necessary to send in electronic form the musical material of this work.
Participants’ video performance is recorded entirely without cutting a video (without pause).
- Turn on the camera,
- As evidence that video recording is exclusively intended for competition, competitor is obligated to, before performance of competition program, say his/her name, surname and year of birth,
- Perfrom the program,
- Turn of the camera,
- Stopping the video camera during the entire recording is not allowed,
- Instrument, hands and face of the performer must be clearly seen on the video.
Best way to record a video, DETAILS
Recording must be sent in Mp4 format. Convert the video through our converter, DETAILS
Recording which does not comply required conditions will be returned to the performer, with the request to send us new recording in timely manner, which compiles Rules.
Participant is required to send the following documents:
- Filled in Online Application form,
- Video recording in Mp4 format,
- Scanned Birth certificate or page from the passport with general information,
- Scanned Payment Confirmation.
Total maximum size of all files – 100 MB. Detailed instructions for OnLine application, DETAILS
Participants (soloists and concertmaster) pay a fee of 25 euros. Commission and the transaction costs are paid by a contestant.
More details about payment in EUROS and DOLLARS on THIS PAGE
Work of the Jury is regulated by special Rules. Jury members are to be elected out of renowned music pedagogues, as well as performing artists, conductors and chamber musicians. All jury members are pedagogues and are performing on the instrument they are evaluating 100%.
Competitors are qualified according to the average grade point of evaluations by the Jury:
LAUREATE FIRST PRIZE – is to be awarded to the competitor who wins at least 90,00/100 points
LAUREATE SECOND PRIZE – is to be awarded to the competitor who wins at least 80,00 points
LAUREATE THIRD PRIZE – is to be awarded to the competitor who wins at least 70,00 points
DIPLOMA – is to be awarded to the competitor who wins at least 60,00 points
Number of awards (prizes) is not limited.
Competitor, who won first prize, with the best placement in competition discipline will be awarded with Diploma Online Music Champion of the World.
-In case if several competitors-soloists in the category have same number of points, advantage will be given to younger competitor.
-In case if several competitors in the different categories have same number of points, final decision on the placement will be brought by the Jury.
Participant who is awarded with Diploma “Internet Music Champion of the World” participates in Masters Finals. Jury selects Absolute Winner of Master Finals, i.e. absolute winner of all competition disciplines and the entire competition.
All Jury decisions are final and irrevocable.
The prize pool totaling $ 2,000 will be distributed among selected MASTERS FINAL and MASTER – PREMIO participants. The prize fund consists of the following awards:
- All contestants are awarded diplomas,
- Cash premiums,
- The contract for the concert performances with the production center “MIR Production”,
- All participants of Master Finals do not pay donation for participation on competition next year,
- Organizing solo concert or concert tour,
- Payment for the road, entrance fee for participation in a master class or hotel accommodation in one of the prestigious competitions in Europe,
- And other prizes, in agreement with the organizer,
- State, commercial and public organizations, enterprises, sponsors, individuals, in agreement with the organizer, may establish special prizes and awards.
- Teachers and accompanists on request receive a “Certificate for a portfolio” DETAILS
- Invitation to the jury,
Organizer reserves the right to distribute the prize pool.
After all nominations competition are finished, Diplomas will be sent on May 1-5th through regular mail to the institution administration DETAILS
In case of dispute between Organizer and competitors, provisions of Serbian text will prevail.
By participating in the competition, the contestants automatically waive their right to material compensation in connection with the publication and distribution of the competition videos.
By applying for the competition, participants automatically accept conditions from previous provisions of these Rules.