14th WORLD OPEN POP-JAZZ SINGING COMPETITION
RULES FOR PARTICIPANTS IN «POP – JAZZ SINGING» NOMINATION 2023
1.1. Competition takes place entirely over the Internet.
1.2. European Association of Music Educators and Performers & Producer Agency MIR Production (hereinafter refer to as organizer), organizes WORLD OPEN Online Music Competition (hereinafter refer to as competition).
1.3. Competition in order to support young talents in the field of popular music (Pop, Rock, Blues, Jazz, Folk, Punks, World Music…), encouraging the spirit of international competitions for young performers.
2.1. Organizer of competition forms a membership in the jury and determine the terms and procedure of the Competition.
2.2. Membership and distribution of Jury members of competition disciplines and categories will be selected by competent commission and confirmed by Organizing Committee.
2.3. International jury members are elected out of authority experts in the fields of music, teaching, vocal arts. All jury members are pedagogues and are performing on the instrument they are evaluating 100% and have extensive pedagogical experience in working with students!
2.4. Work of the Jury is regulated by special Rules. All Jury decisions are final and irrevocable.
2.5. Criteria of evaluation: musicality, purity of intonation, beauty and power of voice timbre, scenic culture, complexity of the repertoire, performing repertoire matching capabilities and age category of performer, performing skills.
2.6. Competitors are qualified according to the average grade point of evaluations by the Jury. Number of awards (prizes) is not limited.
GOLD AWARD/ LAUREATE FIRST PRIZE – is to be awarded to the competitor who wins 90 – 100 points.
Participant’s performance level:
Performance level: GRANDE PERFORMER (99 – 100),
Performance level: CONCERT PERFORMER (96 – 98,99),
Performance level: VIRTUOSO PERFORMER (93 – 95,99),
Performance level: EXCELLENT PERFORMER (90 – 92,99).
SILVER AWARD/ LAUREATE SECOND PRIZE – is to be awarded to the competitor who wins 80 – 89,99 points.
Performance level: EXCEPTIONAL PERFORMER (85 – 89,99),
Performance level: PROMISING PERFORMER (80 – 84,99).
BRONZE AWARD/ LAUREATE THIRD PRIZE – is to be awarded to the competitor who wins 70 – 79,99 points.
Performance level: PERSPECTIVE PERFORMER
DIPLOMA – is to be awarded to the competitor who wins 65 – 69,99 points.
2.7. Competitor (soloist, duo, ensemble), who won first prize, with the best placement in competition discipline will be awarded with Diploma Online Music Champion of the World.
2.8. In case if several competitors-soloists in the category have same number of points, advantage will be given to younger competitor.
In case if several competitors in the different categories (soloist, duo, ensemble) have same number of points, final decision on the placement will be brought by the Jury.
3.1. Contestants from all over the world are invited to participate. Contestants compete in age categories.
3.2. The competition program includes two songs by participant’s choice and run by heart (at least two couplets).
3.3. Duration of video recording is up to 9 minutes.
- I category – born in 2017 and younger
- II category – born in 2016
- III category – born in 2015
- IV category – born in 2014
- V category – born in 2013
- VI category – born in 2012
- VII category – born in 2011
- VIII category – born in 2010
- IX category – born in 2009
- X category – born in 2008
- XI category – born in 2006 and younger
- XII category – born in 2004 and younger
- XIII category – born in 2002 and younger
- XIV category – born in 2000 and younger
- XV category – born in 1998 and younger
- XVI category – born in 1997 and older
- XVII category – born in 2017 and younger
- XVIII category – born in 2015 and younger
- XIX category – born in 2013 and younger
- XX category – born in 2011 and younger
- XXI category – born in 2009 and younger
- XXII category – born in 2007 and younger
- XXIII category – born in 2005 and younger
- XXIV category – born in 2003 and younger
- XXV category – born in 2001 and younger
- XXVI category – born in 1999 and younger
- XXVII category – born in 1998 and older
- XXVIII category – born from 2017 and younger
- XXIX category – born in 2007 and younger
- XXX category – born in 1999 and younger
- XXXI category – born in 1998 and older
- XXXII category – born from 2017 and younger
- XXXIII category – born in 2007 and younger
- XXXIV category – born in 1999 and younger
- XXXV category – born in 1998 and older
3.4. Contestants (soloist, duo and author’s song) have several options to perform their competition program:
- a) Singing both songs accompanied by a recorded instrumental track (playback)
- b) Singing both songs with instrumental accompaniment (a musical instrument or group of instruments).
- c) One of the songs is singing with a playback, and the second one with instrumental accompaniment.
- XXXVI category – born from 2017 and younger
- XXXVII category – born in 2007 and younger
- XXXVIII category – born in 1999 and younger
- XXXIX category – born in 1998 and older
3.5. In the vocal ensemble can participate from 3 to 15 contestants.
3.6. Vocal Ensembles have several options to perform their competition program:
- a) Singing both songs without any accompaniment (a cappella)
- b) One of the songs is singing a cappella, and the second one with instrumental accompaniment (playback, a musical instrument or group of instruments)
с) Singing both songs accompanied by a recorded instrumental track (playback)
- d) Singing both songs with instrumental accompaniment (a musical instrument or group of instruments).
- e) One of the songs is singing with a playback, and the second one with instrumental accompaniment.
VOCAL AND INSTRUMENTAL ENSEMBLES
- XL category – born from 2017 and younger
- XLI category – born in 2007 and younger
- XLII category – born in 1999 and younger
- XLIII category – born in 1998 and older
3.7. In the vocal instrumental ensemble can participate from 3 to 15 contestants and at least one of them is a singer.
3.8. Singing both songs with instrumental accompaniment without any recorded instrumental track (playback), back-vocal, and any kinds of vocal and instrumental imitation of the human voice.
Competitive video recording
4.1. Competitive video recording must comply with following conditions:
- As evidence that video recording is exclusively intended for competition, competitor is obligated to, before performance of competition program:
– Soloist and duo say his/her name, surname and year of birth and the name of the competition,
– One of the member of ensemble says the name of ensemble, their age category and the name of the competition,
* The participant can pronounce the name of the competition in its entirety (WORLD OPEN Online Music Competition) or only WORLD OPEN (participants in younger categories)
- Recording must be sent in Mp4 format,
- On the recording performer(s) must be clearly seen,
- Complete performance program is to be performed like on regular competition and video editing or playback are absolutely forbidden,
- Stopping the video camera during the entire recording is not allowed,
- Recording which does not comply required conditions will be returned to the performer, with the request to send us new recording in timely manner, which comples the Rules.
5.1. Registration is to be done exclusively through electronic means. During entering the website competitor sends documents as follows:
Filled in Online Application form
Video recording in Mp4 format
Identity document and date of birth, (for soloists and duets)
Scanned list of members of the ensemble with their years of birth, verified by the institution they are representing (for ensembles)
Scanned receipt on donation payment
*Total maximum size of all files – 100 MB
5.2. He representative of the Organizing Committee will review each application and its compliance with the rules competition.
6.1. For foreign competitors, registration fee:
Participants (soloists) pay a fee of 30 euros. Duets and ensembles pay a fee of 30 euros (from a duet or ensemble) THIS PAGE
Period of Competition
7.1. Тhe competition is held annually. Applications are accepted 365 days a year.
Application deadline is March 15th. Announcement of the results on April 05.
Acceptance of applications until June 1. Announcement of the results on June 15.
Application deadline is December 1th. Announcement of the results on December 15th.
8.1. Words and/or performance of song should not harm the reputation of the competition.
8.2. In the course of the competition video recording are not permitted texts, replica, gestures of a political or similar nature.
8.3. Avoid rough or obscene words in texts or in the course of the song.
8.4. There shall be no commercial information.
8.5. Violation of this rule may result in disqualification.
8.6. Appearance and clothing of contestant and vocal or musical accompaniment of contestant must not have a frank and/or vulgar form and must match the age of the contestant.
Fund of prizes
- All contestants will be awarded with diplomas
- Invitation to the jury
- State and public institutions, enterprises and individuals, in agreement with the organizers may award special prizes.
- And other prizes, in agreement with the organizer
9.1. MIR Production reserves the right distribution of the prize pool.
Diplomas for competitors
10.1 All contestants receive diplomas after the end of each season in all nominations:
- Diplomas in electronic form can be downloaded on THIS PAGE
- Diplomas are sent by the postal service (on request) on THIS PAGE
- Certificate for scholarship in electronic form (upon request) download on THIS PAGE
Letters of appreciation and certificate
- Letters of APPRECIATION to teachers in electronic form can be downloaded from THIS PAGE
- Certificate for a portfolio in electronic form (upon request) for teachers, accompanists who need an additional confirmation document download on THIS PAGE
12.1. By participation in competition (their parents or guardians), competitors automatically disown the right for any material (financial) remuneration regarding eventual publication and distribution of music video recordings on CD and DVD publications and Internet.
12.2. In case of dispute between Organizer and competitors, provisions of English text will prevail.
12.3. By applying for the competition, participants automatically accept conditions from previous provisions of these Rules.