POP – JAZZ SINGING – Rules 2020
- General terms
1.1. Association of pedagogues of elementary and high music schools of Serbia and production center MIR Production (hereinafter refer to as organizer), organizes INTERNATIONAL MUSIC COMPETITION – Belgrade, Serbia (hereinafter refer to as competition).
1.2. Competition takes place entirely over the Internet.
1.3. Competition in order to support young talents in the field of popular music (Pop, Rock, Blues, Jazz. Folk, Punks…), encouraging the spirit of international competitions for young performers.
2.1. Organizer of competition forms a membership in the jury and determine the terms and procedure of the Competition.
2.2. Membership and distribution of Jury members of competition disciplines and categories will be selected by competent commission and confirmed by Organizing Committee.
2.3. International jury members are elected out of authority experts in the fields of music, teaching, television, vocal arts, management of show business.
2.4. Work of the Jury is regulated by special Rules. All Jury decisions are final and irrevocable.
2.5. Criteria of evaluation: musicality, purity of intonation, beauty and power of voice timbre, scenic culture, complexity of the repertoire, performing repertoire matching capabilities and age category of performer, performing skills.
2.6. The contestants are qualified according to the average grade point of evaluations by the Jury:
- LAUREATE FIRST PRIZE– is to be awarded to the competitor who wins at least 90, 00/100 points
- LAUREATE SECOND PRIZE– is to be awarded to the competitor who wins at least 80, 00 points
- LAUREATE THIRD PRIZE– is to be awarded to the competitor who wins at least 70, 00 points
- DIPLOMA– is to be awarded to the competitor who wins at least 60, 00 points
Other competitors will be awarded with Diploma for participation. Number of awards (prizes) is not limited.
2.7. Competitor (soloist, duo, ensemble), who won first prize, with the best placement in competition discipline will be awarded with Diploma Internet Music Champion of the World.
2.8. In case if several competitors-soloists in the category have same number of points, advantage will be given to younger competitor.
In case if several competitors in the different categories (soloist, duo, ensmeble) have same number of points, final decision on the placement will be brought by the Jury.
3.1. Contestants from all over the world are invited to participate. Contestants compete in age categories.
3.2. The competition program includes two songs by participant’s choice and run by heart (at least two couplets).
3.3. Duration of video recording is up to 9 minutes.
- I category – born in 2014
- II category – born in 2013
- III category – born in 2012
- IV category – born in 2011
- V category – born in 2010
- VI category – born in 2009
- VII category – born in 2008
- VIII category – born in 2007
- IX category – born in 2006
- X category – born in 2005
- XI category – born in 2003 and younger
- XII category – born in 2001 and younger
- XIII category – born in 1996 and younger
- XIV category – born in 1995 and older
- XV category – born in 2014
- XVI category – born in 2012 and younger
- XVII category – born in 2010 and younger
- XVIII category – born in 2008 and younger
- XIX category – born in 2006 and younger
- XX category – born in 2004 and younger
- XXI category – born in 2002 and younger
- XXII category – born in 2000 and younger
- XXIII category – born in 1996 and younger
- XXIV category – born in 1995 and older
- XXV category – born from 2014 to 2008
- XXVI category – born in 2004 and younger
- XXVII category – born in 1996 and younger
- XXVIII category – born in 1995 and older
- XXIX category – born from 2014 to 2008
- XXX category – born in 2004 and younger
- XXXI category – born in 1996 and younger
- XXXII category – born in 1995 and older
3.4. Contestants (soloist, duo and author’s song) have several options to perform their competition program:
- a) Singing both songs accompanied by a recorded instrumental track (playback)
- b) Singing both songs with instrumental accompaniment (a musical instrument or group of instruments).
- c) One of the songs is singing with a playback, and the second one with instrumental accompaniment.
- XXXIII category – born from 2014 to 2008
- XXXIV category – born in 2004 and younger
- XXXV category – born in 1996 and younger
- XXXVI category – born in 1995 and older
3.5. In the vocal ensemble can participate from 3 to 9 contestants.
3.6. Vocal Ensembles have several options to perform their competition program:
- a) Singing both songs without any accompaniment (a cappella)
- b) One of the songs is singing a cappella, and the second one with instrumental accompaniment (playback, a musical instrument or group of instruments)
с) Singing both songs accompanied by a recorded instrumental track (playback)
- d) Singing both songs with instrumental accompaniment (a musical instrument or group of instruments).
- e) One of the songs is singing with a playback, and the second one with instrumental accompaniment.
VOCAL AND INSTRUMENTAL ENSEMBLES
- XXXVII category – born from 2014 to 2008
- XXXVIII category – born in 2004 and younger
- XXXIX category – born in 1996 and younger
- XL category – born in 1995 and older
3.7. In the vocal instrumental ensemble can participate from 3 to 9 contestants and at least one of them is a singer.
3.8. Singing both songs with instrumental accompaniment without any recorded instrumental track (playback), back-vocal, and any kinds of vocal and instrumental imitation of the human voice.
- Competitive video recording
4.1. Competitive video recording must comply with following conditions:
- As evidence that video recording is exclusively intended for competition, competitor is obligated to, before performance of competition program:
– Soloist and duo say his/her name, surname and year of birth
– One of the member of ensemble says the name of ensemble and their age category
- Recording must be sent in Mp4 format
- On the recording performer(s) must be clearly seen
- Complete performance program is to be performed like on regular competition and video editing or playback are absolutely forbidden
- Stopping the video camera during the entire recording is not allowed
- Recording which does not comply required conditions will be returned to the performer, with the request to send us new recording in timely manner, which comples the Rules
- Online Application
5.1. Registration is to be done exclusively through electronic means. During entering the website competitor sends documents as follows:
Filled in Online Application form
Video recording in Mp4 format
Scanned Birth certificate or page from the passport with general information (for soloists and duets)
Scanned list of members of the ensemble with their years of birth, verified by the institution they are representing (for ensembles)
Scanned receipt on donation payment
*Total maximum size of all files – 100 MB
5.2. He representative of the Organizing Committee will review each application and its compliance with the rules competition.
- Registration fee
6.1. For foreign competitors, registration fee:
Soloist— 20 EUR
Duo, ensemble 30 EUR
* Commission and the transaction costs, pays contestant.
For foreign competitors мore details about payment in EUROS and DOLLARS on THIS PAGE.
- Period of Competition
7.1. Competition is held every year and applying from 15th of February and not later then 01st of April. Until April 05th, video recording of the competition performance will be placed on the website and on the 15th of April, results of the Jury will be announced for each competition category.
- Ethical rules
8.1. Words and/or performance of song should not harm the reputation of the competition.
8.2. In the course of the competition video recording are not permitted texts, replica, gestures of a political or similar nature.
8.3. Avoid rough or obscene words in texts or in the course of the song.
8.4. There shall be no commercial information.
8.5. Violation of this rule may result in disqualification.
8.6. Appearance and clothing of contestant and vocal or musical accompaniment of contestant must not have a frank and/or vulgar form and must match the age of the contestant.
- Fund of prizes
- All contestants will be awarded with diplomas
- Teachers and accompanists on request receive a “Certificate for a portfolio”
- Invitation to the jury
- State and public institutions, enterprises and individuals, in agreement with the organizers may award special prizes.
- The contract for concert management with the production center “MIR Production”
- And other prizes, in agreement with the organizer
9.1. MIR Production reserves the right distribution of the prize pool.
- Final terms
10.1. By participation in competition (their parents or guardians), competitors automatically disown the right for any material (financial) remuneration regarding eventual publication and distribution of music video recordings on CD and DVD publications and Internet.
10.2. After competition is finished, Diplomas and trophy will be sent through regular mail.
10.3. In case of dispute between Organizer and competitors, provisions of Serbian text will prevail.
10.4. By applying for the competition, participants automatically accept conditions from previous provisions of these Rules.