NATIONAL INSTRUMENTS – Rules 2020
Association of pedagogues of elementary and high music schools of Serbia and production center MIR Production (hereinafter refer to as organizer), organizes INTERNATIONAL MUSIC COMPETITION – Belgrade, Serbia (hereinafter refer to as competition). Competition takes place entirely over the Internet.
Competition is held by the Rules of participation, which is proposed by expert council, and is to be adopted by Assembly of the Association.
Right of participation is given to all performers on national instruments from all the countries in the world (except instruments already presented in the competition).
Competition program is consisted of two compositions. Participants compete in categories according to the age and program is to be performed by heart and completely.
Contestants can perform with accompanist or ensemble. Total duration of the video recording is limited:
- I category – born in 2011 and younger – up to 5 minutes
- II category – born in 2009 and younger – up to 5 minutes
- III category – born in 2007 and younger – up to 7 minutes
- IV category – born in 2005 and younger – up to 10 minutes
- V category – born in 2003 and younger – up to 12 minutes
- VI category – born in 2001 and younger – up to 12 minutes
- VII category – born in 1999 and younger – up to 12 minutes
- VIII category – born in 1997 and younger – up to 12 minutes
- IX category – born in 1991 and younger – up to 12 minutes
- X category – born in 1990 and older – up to 12 minutes
SMALL ENSEMBLES (2-4 participants)
- XI category – born in 2009 and younger – up to 7 minutes
- XII category – born in 2005 and younger – up to 7 minutes
- XIII category – born in 2001 and younger – up to 12 minutes
- XIV category – born in 1991 and younger – up to 12 minutes
- XV category – born in 1990 and older – up to 12 minutes
*Ensembles are not obligated to perform compositions by heart. Age category in small ensembles is defined by average age of all participants, without concertmaster.
Competitive video recording must comply with following conditions:
- As evidence that video recording is exclusively intended for competition, competitor is obligated to, before performance of competition program:
– Soloist says his/her name, surname and year of birth
– One of the member of ensemble says the name of ensemble and their age category
- Recording must be sent in Mp4 format
- On the recording, instrument, hands and face of the performer and concertmaster must be clearly seen
- Complete performance program is to be performed like on regular competition and video editing or playback are absolutely forbidden
- Stopping the video camera during the entire recording is not allowed
- Recording which does not comply required conditions will be returned to the performer, with the request to send us new recording in timely manner, which complies Rules
Registration is to be done exclusively through electronic means. During entering the website www.musiccompetition.eu competitor sends documents as follows:
- Filled in Online Application form
- Video recording in Mp4 format
- Scanned Birth certificate or page from the passport with general information
- Scanned receipt on donation payment.
*Total maximum size of all files – 100 MB
For foreign competitors, registration fee:
- I, II, III category – 20 EUR
- IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X category 25 EUR
- Small ensembles – 30 EUR (per an ensemble)
For foreign competitors мore details about payment in EUROS and DOLLARS on THIS PAGE.
* Commission and the transaction costs, pays contestant.
Competition is held every year and applying from 15st of February and not later then 15th of April. Until April 20th, video recording of the competition performance will be placed on the website www.musiccompetition.eu and on the 30th of April, results of the Jury will be announced for each competition category.
Competitor’s application for each category individually will be reviewed and determined for compliance with Rules by the person authorized by Organizer.
By participation in competition, competitors automatically disown the right for any material (financial) remuneration regarding eventual publication and distribution of music video recordings on CD and DVD publications and Internet.
Work of the Jury is regulated by special Rules. Jury members are to be elected out of renowned music pedagogues, as well as performing artists, conductors and chamber musicians. All Jury decisions are final and irrevocable.
Competitors are qualified according to the average grade point of evaluations by the Jury:
- LAUREATE FIRST PRIZE– is to be awarded to the competitor who wins at least 90, 00/100 points
- LAUREATE SECOND PRIZE– is to be awarded to the competitor who wins at least 80, 00 points
- LAUREATE THIRD PRIZE – is to be awarded to the competitor who wins at least 70, 00 points
- DIPLOMA– is to be awarded to the competitor who wins at least 60, 00 points
Number of awards (prizes) is not limited.
Competitor, who won first prize, with the best placement in competition discipline will be awarded with Diploma Internet Music Champion of the World.
In case if several competitors-soloists in the category have same number of points, advantage will be given to younger competitor. In case if several competitors in the different categories have same number of points, final decision on the placement will be brought by the Jury.
Participant who is awarded with Diploma “Internet Music Champion of the World” participates in Masters Finals. Jury selects Absolute Winner of Master Finals, i.e. absolute winner of all competition disciplines and the entire competition.
Fund of prizes from Association:
- All contestants will be awarded with diplomas
- Teachers and accompanists on request receive a “Certificate for a portfolio”
- Invitation to the jury
- State and public institutions, enterprises and individuals, in agreement with the organizers may award special prizes.
Fund of prizes from MIR Production www.mirproduction.com totaling $ 2,000 will be distributed among the elected winners in nominations of the competition. The prize fund consists of the following awards:
- The contract for the concert performances with the production center “MIR Production”
- Manufacturing full website
- Manufacturing concert posters
- The absolute winner does not pay donation for participation on competition next year
- Organizing solo concert or concert tour
- Professional photo shoot
- Payment of travel, accommodation or entry fee to participate in the master class
- Payment of the entry fee for the competition by select the contestant
- And other prizes, in agreement with the organizer
MIR Production reserves the right distribution of the prize pool.
After all nominations of competition are finished, Diplomas will be sent on May 9th through regular mail to the institution administration.
In case of dispute between Organizer and competitors, provisions of Serbian text will prevail.
By applying for the competition, participants automatically accept conditions from previous provisions of these Rules.